Invite a Friend
It was part of God's plan from the very beginning that those who experience His love demonstrate it to others. Jesus set the example in this and called his disciples to this as well. This is why Go. Love. ONE MORE. is our central vision at Church at the Crossing.
Inviting people to check out your church can feel uncomfortable or awkward, but it doesn't have to be! Check out this page for some tools and tips.
WAYS TO EXTEND AN INVITATION
- Casually ask a family member, friend, neighbor, or colleague to join you in an online service watch party
- Like, comment, and/or share a Church at the Crossing social media post
- Text a friend and tell them about some of our online content that you think they'd enjoy
HAVING THE CONVERSATION
Sometimes we don't start conversations about our faith because we are afraid of being asked questions we don't know the answers to. We encourage you to just get started and see where the conversation goes. It's okay to not have all the answers. All you need to do is be yourself!
It's easy to use a lot of words and talk in circles when we are nervous. We're all human! But hey, you've found a Love and a community that has had a positive impact on your life. All you're doing is inviting. Keep the invitation humble, casual, and from a place of love.
Here are some ideas for introducing someone to Christ's love in your conversations:
- “Hey, do you have any plans this weekend? Want to join me on a call and watch my church's online service?”
- “I love my church's music and messages. Check out this link from last week's service!”
- “God has done some really cool things in my life. I'd love to share about it if you'd be interested!”
- “Have you ever tried a church like Church at the Crossing? It's a community where you're loved for the person that you are. Here's a link to our website with more info.”
WHAT IF THEY SAY NO?
That's okay! Just because someone rejects church doesn’t mean they reject you. Everybody is at a different place in their story. Don't be discouraged.
Let your daily actions continue to demonstrate the love of Jesus, engage them in meaningful conversations, and maybe ask again down the road. Who knows, maybe next time they’ll say yes!
START A WATCH PARTY!